Difference between revisions of "(depreciated) empty page - TJP"
m (moved Install or upgrade MIRC Zn on Ubuntu Linux to Install or upgrade RSNA TFS (Formally known as MIRC) on Ubuntu Linux: RSNA changed the name of MIRC to TFS)
Revision as of 15:37, 19 November 2011
1 How to install RSNA TFS (formally known as MIRC) on Ubuntu Linux
- Download the script
- Make it executable
chmod 777 ./install-TFS
- Run the script
- Point your browser to the machine you just installed it on and RSNA TFS should be up and running.
- This script will also upgrade a previous "Tim Phillips" installation of RSNA-TFS or RSNA TFA so it can be used again when the RSNA code is updated.
2 Commands to control or upgrde the TFS web service
To start RSNA-TFS (it will start automatically when the machine boots)
To stop RSNA-TFS:
To check if RSNA-TFS is running:
To restart RSNA-TFS:
To upgrade RSNA-TFS with the latest RSNA-TFS code from RSNA (and preserve all your data):
3 What the script does (feel free to look at it before you run it)
- Checks you're running it as root or using sudo.
- Stops the RSNA-TFS service if its running.
- Updates the Ubuntu repos if need be.
- Checks which chipset you're running.
- (If Oracle / Sun Java 6 isn't already installed)
- Answers the Java installation questions in advance.
- Installs Oracle / Sun Java.
- Downloads the appropriate JAI ImageIO files installs JAI ImageIO.
- Installs a few other necessary libraries if they're not already installed.
- Downloads the latest version of RSNA-TFS.
- Writes an upstart script (so that CTP/RSNA-TFS will be run as a service automatically).
- Installs RSNA RSNA-TFS.
4 Choosing between Ubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Server for a RSNA-TFS install
- Ubuntu Desktop
- Easier (very easy) if you're new to Linux.
- May be very slightly slower but on modern hardware you are unlikely to notice the difference.
- Ubuntu Server
- Makes more sense - RSNA-TFS is a web service after all.
- Will be leaner and faster.
- Can run on a headless server or virtual machine.
- TurnkeyLinux is a very good Ubuntu install for this purpose.
Any questions or comments please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org - Tim Phillips.