(depreciated) empty page - TJP
The easiest MIRC install ever. Updated to T36 omega
1 Important points
- You need to use Ubuntu 10.04.x (Luicd) 32-bit (i386). Not 64-bit (amd64)
- You can download this at ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/ubuntu-releases/lucid/ubuntu-10.04.1-server-i386.iso, or you can use a local mirror closer to you.
2 First step:
Install Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid 32-bit on a virtual machine or a real computer.
The following commands should be executed as root (or using sudo)
apt-get -y install python-software-properties apt-add-repository 'deb http://archive.canonical.com/ lucid partner' apt-add-repository ppa:timothy-john-phillips/mirc apt-get update apt-get -y install mirc36
You will be asked to agree to the terms and conditions of Sun Java. Agree to it all.
4 Try it out
Point a web browswer at the IP address of your Ubuntu machine and you should see your new MIRC site.
- username = admin
- password = admin
5 Included features
- Port 80 (default web port) rather than 8080
- Automatically starts at boot up and closes at shutdown.
- Java, JAI IO, and Tomcat all included.
I've made these repositories to simplify the installation of MIRC on Linux. It eliminates the fiddling with Java Image IO tools and Tomcat. I plan to update it with each release of MIRC.
Hope this helps someone. Appreciate any feedback. - firstname.lastname@example.org