Difference between revisions of "Install Java Advanced Imaging ImageIO Tools on a Linux Machine"
m (moved Java Advanced Imaging ImageIO Tools - Linux to Install Java Advanced Imaging ImageIO Tools on a Linux Machine)
Revision as of 05:01, 10 September 2011
- This is a small part of what the script at Install MIRC Zn on Ubuntu Linux will do automatically for you.
- If you want to install MIRC on a Linux machine it is recommended you head the Install MIRC Zn on Ubuntu Linux page.
2 How to install Java Advanced Imaging ImageIO Tools on Ubuntu Linux
- Download the script
- Make it executable
chmod 777 ./install-JAI-imageIO
- Run the script
3 What the script does (feel free to have a look before you run it)
- Checks you're running it as root or using sudo.
- Updates the Ubuntu repos.
- Checks which chipset you're running.
- Answers the Java installation questions in advance.
- Installs Oracle / Sun Java.
- Downloads the appropriate JAI ImageIO files installs JAI ImageIO.
Any questions or comments please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org - Tim Phillips.