MIRC User's Manual
This article is the User's Manual for the RSNA MIRC implementation. It is written with the general users of the teaching file system in mind (authors, and people viewing teaching files).
- 1 Viewing Teaching Files
- 2 Your Account
- 3 Authoring Teaching Files
1 Viewing Teaching Files
2 Your Account
3 Authoring Teaching Files
3.1 Basic Authoring Tool
3.2 Advanced Authoring Tool
3.2.2 Normal Sections
3.2.3 Image Sections
3.2.4 Powerpoint Tool
3.3 File Cabinet
3.4 Zip Service
The Zip Service allows users to submit collections of files to a MIRC site, automatically producing one or more MIRCdocuments on the site. The Zip Service is a server-side implementation of a concept first proposed by Adam Flanders at the RSNA 2005 conference. The original motivation for the Zip Service was to provide an easy way to pre-load a new MIRC site with an existing collection of images organized into individual cases. While the Zip Service is useful in this context, it is also a very convenient way to produce a single MIRCdocument.
See the Zip Service User's Manual for details.
3.5 Submit Service
3.6 Manage Account
To gain access to more than the basic MIRC features, a user must have an account on the MIRC site. An account consists of a username and a password plus a list of permissions, which are called roles. Certain features require that the user possess a specific role related to the feature. For example:
- To be authenticated on a MIRC Storage Service, the user must possess the Storage Service's user role.
- To be allowed to submit a document to a MIRC Storage Service's Submit Service or Zip Service, the user must possess the Storage Service's author role.
- To be allowed to create a document on a MIRC Storage Service's Author Service, the user must possess the Storage Service's author role.
- To be allowed to make a document public on a MIRC Storage Service, the user must possess the Storage Service's publisher role.
- To be allowed to access a MIRC site's File Service, the user must possess the File Service's user role. (This is a separate role from the one for a Storage Service.)
Roles are granted to users by the MIRC site administrator.
3.6.1 The Login Button
The Login button on the query page authenticates a user, making the system aware of the user's roles.
3.6.2 The My Account Button
Once a user is authenticated, the My Account button on the query page provides access to the user's account, allowing the user to change the account's password.
Additionally, if enabled by the administrator, this function also allows the user to create or join a group. A group is a role that can be created and given a password by a user. Other users wishing to join the group must do so by entering the group name and password on their My Account pages. MIRCdocuments that contain read permissions that include the group name are visible to all members of the group. This provides a way for a group of users to conveniently share a collection of documents without making the documents public.