Referencing AVI Files in MIRCdocuments
This article describes how to insert AVI files into MIRCdocuments using the Author Service of the RSNA MIRC implementation.
There are two steps in referencing an AVI file in a MIRCdocument:
- Store the file in your file cabinet.
- Reference the file in a paragraph.
To store the AVI file in your file cabinet:
- Click My Files on the query page.
- If you are not already logged in, the system may ask you to do so.
- When your file cabinet is displayed, click the Add button in the left section of the bottom toolbar.
- The Add File window will then appear. Click the Browse button.
- A file chooser will then appear. Navigate to the AVI file, and click Open.
- The file chooser will disappear. Click Submit File on the Add File window.
To reference the AVI file in a MIRCdocument:
- Create a new MIRCdocument or edit an existing one in the Author Service.
- Select a section in which to insert the reference to the AVI file and click its tab.
- Insert a paragraph or click on the text box of an existing one.
- Enter text as shown in the box below.
- Click the Save button in the toolbar to save the document.
Here is a <a href="[user]movie.avi">movie</a>.
- In the example above, the AVI file is called movie.avi.
- The text [user] must appear immediately before the name of the movie. This instructs the Author Service to obtain the file from the user's file cabinet.
- After copying the file into the file cabinet when the document is saved, the Author Service removes the [user] text from the source. Thus, it will not appear when the document is edited after being saved. This is not a problem since by that time, the file will already be stored with the MIRCdocument and it will not have to be copied again.
- The anchor tag (a) instructs the browser to get the movie.avi file when the link text, movie, is clicked.
- If you want to force the movie to load in a separate window, you can add a target attribute as shown below:
Here is a <a href="[user]movie.avi" target="_blank">movie</a>.