Sending Significant Images from Centricity to MIRC
This article encapsulates instructions for connecting the GE Centricity PACS to MIRC. This article is intended for PACS administors of Centricity systems.
The instructions in this article apply to Centricity version 2. They should be implemented by GE PACS service engineers or PACS administrators.
Some GE Centricity sites have reported that they are unable to export selected images via DICOM, so they have been forced to export entire studies to the DICOM Service of their MIRC sites when only a few images were necessary for inclusion in a teaching file case. The result is that the case author has to manually remove the unnecessary images from the teaching file case after it has been created, a tedious process at best.
The send options are configured in CAT -> Client Config -> DicomSend:
- Enter E,S,I,SI for Exam, Series, Image, Significant Image (or space to disable).
To enable all send options, enter E,S,I,SI
Then in CAT ->Configuration -> Destination:
- Create New
- Destination Name = MIRC
- Destination QID = MIRC
- Batch Send Start Time = Null Null
- Auto Send Reason = Undefined
Then in CAT -> Configuration -> DestinationAddress:
- Destination = MIRC:MIRC -> Search
- AE Title = the AET of the MIRC application
- Host Name = the IP where the MIRC application resides
- Port = the port that the MIRC application listens on (the standard MIRC DICOM Service listens on 1082)
- Allow Dicom Connection
- Encoding Format = Western Europe:1
Then in Flamingo:
- Add a new node
- AET = Same as above
- IpAddress = Same as above
- Port = Same as above
- Service List = Storage_SCU_Service_List