(depreciated) empty page - TJP
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 22:08, 27 April 2013 by Tim phillips (moved Install or upgrade RSNA TFS (previously known as MIRC) on Ubuntu Linux to (depreciated) Install or upgrade RSNA TFS (previously known as MIRC) on Ubuntu Linux: depreciated)
1 How to install RSNA TFS (previously known as MIRC) on Ubuntu Linux
- Download the script
- Make it executable
chmod 777 ./install-RSNA-TFS
- Run the script
- Point your browser to the machine you just installed it on and RSNA TFS should be up and running.
- This script will also upgrade a previous "Tim Phillips" installation of RSNA-TFS or MIRC-Zn so it can be used again when the RSNA code is updated.
2 Commands to control or upgrde the TFS web service
To start RSNA-TFS (it will start automatically when the machine boots)
To stop RSNA-TFS:
To check if RSNA-TFS is running:
To restart RSNA-TFS:
To upgrade RSNA-TFS with the latest RSNA-TFS code from RSNA (and preserve all your data):
3 What the script does (feel free to look at it before you run it)
- Checks you're running it as root or using sudo.
- Checks you're running a recent version of Ubuntu
- Stops the RSNA-TFS service if its running.
- Updates the Ubuntu repos.
- Checks which chipset you're running.
- Installs OpenJDK Java.
- Downloads the appropriate JAI ImageIO files installs JAI ImageIO.
- Downloads the latest version of RSNA-TFS.
- Writes an upstart script (so that CTP/RSNA-TFS will be run as a service automatically).
- Installs RSNA RSNA-TFS.
4 Choosing between Ubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Server for a RSNA-TFS install
- Ubuntu Desktop
- Easier (very easy) if you're new to Linux.
- May be very slightly slower but on modern hardware you are unlikely to notice the difference.
- Ubuntu Server
- Makes more sense - RSNA-TFS is a web service after all.
- Will be leaner and faster.
- Can run on a headless server or virtual machine.
- TurnkeyLinux is a very good Ubuntu install for this purpose.
Any questions or comments please email me at email@example.com - Tim Phillips.