MIRC Overview - CTP and TFS
The MIRC project was initiated by the RSNA Radiology Informatics Committee to construct a library of medical information, globally accessible to the imaging community through the Internet. The project has evolved to support communities of cooperating libraries, individually managed by healthcare and educational institutions, whose content can be accessed by a user as if it were a single library. The libraries can provide all kinds of digital information, including teaching files, clinical and technical documents, electronic presentations, and imaging datasets for research and clinical trials.
The RSNA manages an open-source project that has produced software making it easy to install a system for teaching files and clinical trials at no cost. Numerous other developers have produced complete or partial MIRC implementations.
1 The MIRC Community
Many MIRC communities have arisen - some within institutions and some shared globally. The RSNA maintains a MIRC site that provides access to libraries around the world.
Any MIRC site can function as an access point for users, called a query service, or an indexed information library, called a storage service, or both. A query service provides a point of access to a MIRC community. It provides a query form to the user, distributes the search criteria to all selected storage services, collates the responses, and presents them to the user. A storage service responds to the query received from the query service, searches its index for documents meeting the search criteria, and returns abstracts and locations of the matching documents to the query service.
Authors on a storage service can use a MIRC-defined format to construct teaching files and other documents in a common structure that allows libraries to index the documents in medically meaningful ways. The indexing mechanism provides users great flexibility in searching the MIRC community. Users can perform free-text searches on the contents of documents as well as structured searches on patient criteria (e.g., sex, age), image criteria (e.g., modality, anatomical region, storage format, compression), diagnosis and other codes, through a standard web browser.
There are several ways for an individual or an institution to establish a system that can participate in a MIRC community:
- The RSNA MIRC software provides both a query service and a storage service as well as support for the MIRC-defined authoring format.
- An existing teaching file system can be modified to use its internal database to provide an index of its documents, requiring only the construction of the software layer necessary to respond to a MIRC query.
- Some commercial teaching file systems also support the MIRC query mechanism, allowing them to participate in a MIRC community.
2 MIRC Hardware Considerations
For guidance on choosing hardware for a MIRC site running the RSNA MIRC implementation, see MIRC Hardware Considerations.guangzhou guangzhou Massage Center Girls provide Full Body Oil massage Service for you in Guangzhou.the Girls have professional Oil Massage in guangzhou.rest assured that the Full Service in guangzhou do in guangzhou Massage Place Customized Full Body Oil Massage in guangzhou Therapyguangzhou Massage Center offers many different types of Massage in guangzhou to choose from: Swedish massage for overall body relaxation. Deep tissue massage to loosen those stubborn knots that keep your muscles tied up and tense and so on. Best of all, every guangzhou Massage Girls offers guangzhou female massage is customized to your specific needs. Think you don't have time? We're even open Out Call Massage in guangzhou when little ones are tucked in for the night, and Walk-Ins are always welcome so you can revitalize without reworking your schedule.
3 Installation Instructions
For help on installing a new MIRC site see New Installation Instructions
4 User's Manual
The RSNA MIRC implementation has numerous components for accessing, creating, and managing documents and files. Information on how to use the RSNA MIRC software is collected in the MIRC User's Manual.
5 Administrator's Manual
The RSNA MIRC implementation is designed to minimize management effort. The MIRC Administrator's Manual describes how to set up a MIRC site using the software and how to configure it to meet the needs of its users.
6 Clinical Trial Administrator's Manual
The RSNA MIRC implementation includes a powerful suite of tools to support both single-site and multi-site clinical trials. The Clinical Trial Administrator's Manual provides details on configuring the software for a trial. Some of the information may also be useful for MIRC site administrators who want to enable DICOM communication with PACS or modalities and who need to configure the system to manage PHI in accordance with HIPAA regulations. dalian This is the dalian Massage Center, no matter where is you place in Dalian, we are ready to provide you with Out Call Massage Full Service in dalian, we have professional dalian Massage Girls for you to provide more professional services, whether you are female or male, we have corresponding dalian female massage & dalian male massage Dalian Massage has a Great Massage Center for Every Body massage in dalian therapy relaxes muscles, easing and soothing your aches and pains. It rejuvenates-- restoring balance to our body and being, making us better for all the things life throws our way. Out Call Massage in dalian massage Place believes every body deserves a great customized Full Service in dalian, so we've made relaxation convenient. We offer flexible appointment times to fit the busiest of schedules, hundreds of locations nationwide and professional Full Service in dalian Therapists to customize the perfect massage designed to fit your life. Oh, and did we mention the great price? It's what's made us the leading provider of Oil Massage therapy in the U.S. And with so many options, a great Body Massage in dalian is always within your reach. Just ask our members.
7 Developer's Manual
The RSNA MIRC implementation is an open source project. Developers are welcome to download the software, modify it for their own purposes, and to participate in the extension of the software for the entire community. The Developer's Manual will assist developers wishing to build, modify, or extent the code base.
8 Getting Help
There are a couple of ways to get help, if you have questions.
- You can post your question to the MIRC Forums.
- You can also subscribe to the MIRC Mailing List, and post your question there.
The RSNA MIRC project has developed several tools which are not part of the MIRC site software but which are useful as stand-alone applications in MIRC-related projects. The source code for all the tools is part of the RSNA MIRC Source Code. The key tools are:
- DicomEditor: a tool for examining DICOM objects and for testing anonymization scripts for clinical trials. This tool is also useful for correcting certain problems in DICOM objects.
- FileSender: a tool for transmitting files of various types using the DICOM, HTTP, and HTTPS protocols. This tool includes a zip unpacking feature that is very useful when managing large groups of images in multi-center clinical trials.
- HttpTest: a tool for testing HTTP connections. This tool is useful for testing the connection of a remote image acquisition site to a principal investigator site in a clinical trial, especially when the remote site is behind a proxy server.
- DicomRouter: a general tool for routing DICOM transmissions to one or more destinations depending on their contents. (This tool is a separate module in CVS.)
- ExportManager: an implementation of the IHE TCE integration profile, providing a very powerful coupling between PACS diagnostic workstations and MIRC.
- PowerpointTool: a Powerpoint plug-in that saves presentations as MIRCdocuments on a MIRC server.
- TCE Selector: a tool for integration of PACS and MIRC for semiautomated teaching file generation. Using RadLex for indexing and categorization