Viewing Teaching Files
This guide talks briefly about searching for, and viewing teaching files.
1 Basic Query
Enter your search terms separated by spaces in the text box. The system will search for any documents that contain all of the search terms you have entered, no matter where they occur in the document. To search for documents that contain any of the terms you're searching for, you can separate terms using the "|" character. You can also group items in parentheses one (two | three) will find any documents that contain "one" and either "two" or "three" (or both). Items in quotes are treated as a single search term.
2 Advanced Query
The advanced query lets you specify options about how the results are displayed, and allows you to query specific fields within a MIRC document. It also allows you to query different servers.
- Select Storage Servers to Query If your site is setup with more then one storage service, you will see a list of the various storage services available under the advanced query section. Select one or all of these servers to perform your search against them.
- Select Query Type There are a number of different fields within a MIRC document that you can query against. This section of the advanced options allows you to query specifically words that appear in certain parts of a MIRC Document.
- Display As Unknowns
- Case Navigator Selecting this option will give you your results one MIRC Document at a time, and allow you to scroll between them with a next and previous button.
- Results Per Site This option allows you to specify how many results each storage service you query should return.
3 The Teaching File
In this section we'll talk a little bit about some of the things you can do with the teaching file itself. Keep in mind, the teaching file will look different depending on which template the author used when he created it.
3.1 Image Section
Your MIRC Document may also have an image section, that shows the various images associated with the document.
- Annotations The annotation button shows up in an image that the author has annotated. Clicking this button will show the author's annotations.
- Original Format This button provides a variety of different options, depending on what combinations of keys you press. This only shows up for DICOM images.
- Regular Click: It opens the image in a DICOM Viewer.
- Cntrl-Click: Allows you to download the source DICOM image file.
- Alt-Click: Does a DICOM Header Dump.
3.2 Tool Box
Somewhere in your MIRC document you'll see a toolbox with several buttons on it. These buttons will be enabled/disabled based upon your user permissions.
- Edit This button opens the document for editing (if you have permission to do so). It uses the advanced authoring tool for editing.
- Publish This option makes the document public (if you have the publisher permissions).
- Export Zip's up the document and downloads it. You can import this zip file into another MIRC site using the submit service.
- Delete Removes the document from the file system, as well as the index.
- Zip(With/Without PHI)
- To DICOM SCP
- To Database
- Save Images to File Cabinet
- Case of the Day Makes this case the current Case of the Day.