Configuring MIRC for Series Navigation
This article describes the special configuration considerations for enabling series navigation through the images in MIRCdocuments. This article is intended for TFS administrators.
Any TFS system installed from scratch using version Z130 or later is automatically configured for series navigation.
For systems upgraded to Z130 or later from a pre-Z130 version, one configuration change must be manually made after the upgrade. In words, in the DICOM Service Pipeline, the DicomAnonymizer stage that immediately preceeds the MircDocumentStorageService must be removed.
The easiest and safest way to remove the stage is to use the Configuration Editor in the Launcher program. See The CTP Launcher Configuration Editor for details. The steps are:
- Stop CTP.
- Run the Launcher.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- In the left pane, click the DicomAnonymizer stage above the MircDocumentStorageService stage.
- In the Edit menu, select Remove.
- In the File menu, select Save.
- Start CTP.
- Removing the first anonymizer does not compromise PHI because the second anonymizer removes all PHI from the objects.
- The second anonymizer's script file (scripts/DicomServiceAnonymizer.script) in version Z130 and later is more aggressive than in previous versions, so it is important not to remove the first anonymizer until after the upgrade to Z130 is done. Expect the process to be slow. You can monitor the progress by polling the Log Viewer.
- In the UI for series navigation, the Study Description and Series Description elements are displayed above the image in the right pane of the MSTF format. To make that information available for legacy cases, it is necessary to rebuild the indexes of the libraries. To rebuild the indexes, go the Storage Service Admin page and click the button at the bottom of the window.