This article lists the roles that are used by the TFS application to grant users permission to system functions.
The roles recognized by TFS are:
- admin: grants permission for most system functions.
- author: grants permission to author documents through any of the system authoring tools.
- publisher: grants permission to make a document visible to unauthenticated users. It also grants permission to view the Approval Queue.
- department: is a convenience role provided by the system for use in documents to grant access to an authenticated user who may not have any other roles.
- update: grants permission to upload files to the Download directory on sites that enable the Download Service. The Download Service is used only on the RSNA site.